DPReview is hiring! We’re looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our Seattle-based team. You will lead our engineering team and leverage our unique position in the industry to build modern solutions that deliver content, services and tools to a large and highly engaged community of passionate photographers. Bring your creativity, passion and talent to help us build the next generation of our web and mobile experiences. Find all the details below.
Senior Software Development Engineer, Digital Photography Review
Digital Photography Review (DPReview.com) is seeking a talented, passionate, and creative engineer to help us build the future of the world’s most popular digital camera website. You will lead a small engineering team, leveraging our unique position in the industry to build modern solutions that deliver content, services, and tools to a large and highly engaged community of passionate photographers.
Your core focus in the first year will be to help re-think and build the next generation of mobile experiences for DPReview.com. This includes product comparison tools for photographic gear, community and social features focused on photography enthusiasts, and machine learning driven personalization mechanisms, and a big focus on improving CX.
DPReview has its own unique culture with a startup-like environment, but with all the benefits of being backed by industry leader Amazon. Engineers will have an opportunity to partner with our in-house product management and editorial teams to help shape projects from concept to delivery, but also will participate in and benefit from one of the strongest engineering communities in the technology world at Amazon.com.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to lead a small, lean team that’ll work across the stack on a variety of interesting problems for an enormous userbase, then this is it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience leading small teams of engineers
- Strong data structure and algorithm knowledge required
- Expertise with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, and code instrumentation
- Experience with visual design and / or UX
- Proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
- Experience with REST and other web service models
- Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers;