Photokina is without question the biggest photography show in the world, and as such, the venue at which manufacturers routinely showcase their biggest and most exciting releases. We were on the ground in Cologne, Germany before the show even began to bring you the most in-depth content we could write on the most important innovations we could find.
But now that Photokina has come and gone, we’ve had some time to reminisce over everything we saw in and among the development announcements, tech briefings and even just while wandering the halls of the Koelnmesse. So in case you just can’t get enough of Photokina content, come join Richard Butler, Barney Britton, and even cameraman Carey Rose for a few pints and a few thoughts on how this year’s show went.
Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find in the video:
- Our favorite new cameras we got to try
- A discussion on the problem of heat dissipation (which Richard has claimed, quite wrongly, to be the nerdiest thing he’s ever said)
- Small sensors versus large sensors
- No-compromise third-party lenses
- And of course, some continuity errors regarding the quantity of beer glasses moving about on the table
Thanks for following our Photokina 2016 coverage this year! We can’t wait to see what Photokina 2018 will bring.