Tiffen has joined the monopod market with the new Steadicam Air line, which uses a gas spring and a foot pedal to help photographers quickly and easily adjust the monopod’s height.
The Steadicam Air is a three-section carbon fibre model that features a foot pedal close to the base that, when pressed, assists in lifting the mounted camera to the desired height. The monopod will come in two configurations to hold either 25lb or 15lb, and are suitable for both still and movie photographers.
Of the three sections, one uses a twist lock that allows the top of the monopod to rotate about 360°, while the other two are spring loaded for lifting the camera. A large rubber foot makes it easy to angle monopod without it slipping across the floor.
Here’s a look at the Steadicam Air in action:
The Steadicam Air-25 is available now for $500, while the Steadicam Air-15 will go on sale “at a later date” with a price of $400. For more information, head over to the Tiffen website.
THE TIFFEN COMPANY INTRODUCES THE STEADICAM AIR
A Lightweight Carbon Fiber Pneumatic Monopod for Photographers and Cinematographers
Steadicam, a division of The Tiffen Company and Master Cinematographers teamed up to release the Steadicam Air, a revolutionary monopod that is gas lift activated by a foot pedal for adjustable height.
Setting a new standard, the Steadicam Air brings versatility back to the monopod. With its gas lift spring, the Air makes it easy for professional photographers and cinematographers to raise their heights and never miss a moment. Available in two different configurations, a 25 lb and soon after a 15 lb weight capacity, the Air is the perfect complement for professional image-makers to stabilize and support their equipment.
What sets the Steadicam Air apart from any other monopod is that it’s gas lift and spring activated. Weighing only 3.5 lbs, the Steadicam Air is made up of three sections including one twist leg lock that allows for a 360 degree rotation. The height adjustment is activated by the rubberized foot pedal which allows for a non-slip operation.
Made of carbon fiber, the Steadicam Air is lightweight and compact making it easy for travel. The Air is accompanied by a deluxe carrying bag with added protection and an ergonomic shoulder strap. It is ideal for nature, wildlife, sports, wedding, venue photographers and cinematographers alike.
The Steadicam Air-25 will be available on February 2, 2018 for $499 USD. The Steadicam Air-15 will available at a later date for $399 USD.
- 100% gas lift, spring activated height adjustable monopod – activated by adjustable foot pedal
- Made of Lightweight Carbon Fiber
- 3 – Section Monopod with 1 – twist leg lock
- Allows for full 360 degree rotation without compromise
- Ergonomic foam padded grip point with debossed Steadicam branding on the handle
- Removable aluminum top plate with reversible screw thread allowing for 1/4in-20 and 3/8in-16
- Oversized rubber foot giving you extra stability connected to ball point
- Quick twist rubberized leg grips
- Non-slip, rubberized foot pedal allows for easy grip operation. Pedal also folds up with travel purposes and quick transport
- Collapsed Height = 28in
- Fully Extended Height = 62.5in
- Sleek red accents