Grip Gear, maker of the handheld smartphone stabilizer IndieSolo, has launched the Movie Maker: a portable, electronically driven slider built for smartphones, action cams and compact cameras.
Powered by AAA batteries or a separate power bank via USB, the Movie Maker includes a rail, motorized head and a clamp to accommodate most smartphones. Eight speeds can be utilized, as slow as 6mm/min up to 300mm/min to create slow motion, time-lapse or real-time stabilized panning shots.
Upon reaching the end of the track, the Movie Maker will automatically bounce back and move in the opposite direction. The motorized head can also be used separately from the rail to pan 360-degrees for panorama. It’s all designed to pack away into a compact kit that can fit into a camera bag or backpack.
The Movie Maker is available now on Amazon for a list price of $130.
Hollywood production tools arrive for smartphones.
Grip Gear launches The Movie Maker tool set
<GripGear. 31 Oct. 2016. For immediate release. > Smartphone movie tool kit company, Grip Gear has upped the ante in video production with the launch of Movie Maker: a set of miniature production tools that puts all the equipment a movie company might use to make a major Hollywood production into a tiny package that will help turn a smartphone into a full-blown movie making resource.
As smartphones become more and more capable, they are becoming one of the most important tools for creating video content for both brands and individuals. By 2019 video will account for almost 80 percent of all consumer Internet traffic. Even now, Facebook experiences 8 billion video views per day. But as video proliferates, standing out from the crowd becomes an increasing challenge.
The Movie Maker helps video makers move up into a new realm of production quality and creativity with gadgets like an 8-speed electronic tracking slider, a 360º panoramic function and suction cups to hold your phone in impossible positions for the most amazing shots.
Co-founder Rhys Bradley said: “As a former grip in the film industry, I’ve long had a vision of creating a film set experience in a smaller format for smartphones and other small cams. With the Movie Maker, smartphone users can now create beautiful movie quality footage that used to take massive pieces of expensive film making equipment with a set of highly portable tools that can fit in a camera bag!”
Co-founder Dean Tzembelikos said: “After 3 years of development and meticulous attention to detail and quality we are proud to launch the Movie Maker. It will enhance the video making experience and bring out the creative juices in everyone. This is a genuine breakthrough in putting movie making into the everyone’s hands”
The Movie Maker will shortly be available on Amazon as well as at www.gripgear.com and cost USD $129.
- Can use 99% of all smartphones, action camera’s and light compact camera’s
- Folds small and is light weight and backpack friendly • Comes with 2 x 31cm tracks, additional tracks are available for extensions
- Power Options: Plug into a power bank to extend operating times +36 hours (10400MA), or use 2 AAA batteries for 2 hours
- Remote control for both speed and direction (8 speeds)
- Bounce back for continuous motion: When the movie maker reaches the end of track it will not stop but move in opposite direction
- Motor speeds vary from very slow, mostly used in time lapse 6mm/minute and to a 300mm/minute for real time.
- Operates as a manual slider
- Convenient ¼ inch threads allow you to attach The Movie Maker to a tripod, suction cup
- Can climb 90 degrees
- Weighs 900g and can hold up to 300g phone/camera
- Can operate upside down
- Use without tracks for pans or 360 Panorama shots
- No vibration, even on full zoom videos are stable
- Easy to use