In addition to the six other firmware updates released today, Fujifilm also released the previously announced upgrade to the X-T20. The most interesting features include:
- Improved AF tracking: the company says that the camera can track moving subjects at twice the speed of the previous firmware. The X-T20 can now track subjects 50% smaller than before.
- New touchscreen controls: Users can now move the AF area by touch when in ‘focus zoom’ mode. The Quick Menu can now be operated by touch, as well.
- Exposure improved with face detection
- RGB and highlight warnings now available
Version 2.00 of the X-T20 firmware can be downloaded here.
Here’s the full list of improvements:
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.11 incorporates the following issues:
1. New AF tracking algorithm for moving subjects
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the update enhances AF-C to track moving subjects twice as fast as previous firmware. In addition, the update also enhances tracking to be able to capture up to 50% smaller moving subjects than before.
2. Enhanced touch screen operation
The firmware update will add some of the touch screen operation features which are currently available on the FUJIFILM X-E3. These touch screen features include:
1) The Auto Focus area can be moved when in focus zoom with flick operation.
2) Pinch-in/out operation in playback mode will be updated to go from full-frame playback to multi-frame playback (Nine-frame view and Hundred-frame view)
3) Select the frame in multi-frame playback with tap or drag operation or return to full-frame playback by double-tapping
4) Q (Quick) menu selection
5) Input character with touch key-board (*1)
*1：Except for some functions. (ex. SSID input)
3. Support “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”
After connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” enables users to convert RAW files with X Processor Pro. Fast batch processing will also be available. The “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” can be downloaded from the FUJIFILM website for free.
4. Support for backup/restore of camera settings via FUJIFILM X Acquire
Once connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X Acquire” allows users to backup/restore camera settings to/from a file. Copying all camera settings from one camera to another is available.
*Settings other than date and custom white balance can be backup and restored.
5. Compatible with the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens
The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens.
1) When changing the focus mode (AF/MF), the focus ring function (fine zoom adjustment, manual focus) automatically switches.
* Focus ring function when focus mode is “S” or “C”：Fine Zoom adjustment.
* Focus ring function when focus mode is “M”：Manual focus.
2) Memorize the lens zoom position when power off and return to the position when power on
3) Maintain the lens zoom position in playback mode to shorten the startup time for the next shooting
6. Improve radio flash controller usability
The upgrade allows users to shoot with compatible third party studio flash in high speed sync. or TTL mode via their radio controllers.
7. RGB histogram display and highlight warning
If you press the function button in the histogram, RGB histogram and highlight warning (high brightness portion will blink) will be displayed.
8. Enlarged and customizable indicators or information
The upgrade allows users to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the display. When enlarged display, some icons are not displayed like distance indicator, focus frame, focus mode, focus warning, microphone/remote release, AF+MF, button lock and sound and flash indicator.
9. AE optimization when face detection