Fujifilm X-T2 owners will soon be able to shoot tethered to Adobe’s Lightroom image manipulation software application using a new plug-in that will be sold through the Adobe Add-ons website. Tether Shooting Plug-in Pro is an upgrade from the existing version of the company’s Tether Shooting plug-in that is now compatible with the X-T2 as well as the X-T1. The new version brings a Control Panel display that allows users to check their imported images more quickly and to preview the image in live view mode while at the same time being able to control the camera’s settings.
The plug-in features two shooting modes that allow the user to control settings at the camera or via the computer screen, with both modes allowing the captured images to be transferred directly to the computer by USB connection.
The X-T1 and X-T2 cameras both need the relevant firmware to be able to operate with the plug-in, and Fujifilm has announced that v1.10 for the X-T2 will be available on 8th November. This firmware also makes the camera compatible with the standard version of Tether Shooting Plug-in and Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5.
The camera firmware will be free to download, but the Tether Shooting Plug-in Pro will cost $79.
For more information visit the Fujifilm website.
Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®
PC tethered shooting support for FUJIFILM X-T1/X-T2
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) is pleased to announce the launch of “Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” to enable tethered shooting of FUJIFILM X-T1(hereafter X-T1) and FUJIFILM X-T2(hereafter X-T2)* to a compatible computer.
“Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” is a tethering software plug-in that allows Lightroom users to connect X-T1 / X-T2 to a computer via USB cable for direct saving of captured images onto computer, and controlling the camera from the computer**.
“Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” will be available from Adobe Add-ons website*** for US$79. The launch of the Mac OS X / macOS Sierra version*4 is scheduled for release around the beginning of November 2016, and the Windows version*5 is scheduled for release around the beginning of December 2016. The detail launch schedule will be informed on this page.
(1) Featuring the “Camera Mode” and “PC Mode” to control shooting on camera or from computer
In Camera Mode, the camera is held in hand or set up on a stand. The images taken will be transferred directly and saved onto computer for use in Lightroom. Adjustment of exposure and other shooting settings as well as the shutter release is carried out on the camera. In PC Mode, users can check the viewfinder image of a remotely-setup camera in the LIVE VIEW window, operate the camera and adjust its settings on the computer screen. The user can also take images and have them transferred directly and saved onto a computer for use in Lightroom. Adjustment of exposure and other shooting settings and the shutter releases are carried out from the connected computer.
(2) Featuring the “Control Panel” to check captured image and to control camera
In addition to the features of “Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” (standard version)*6, “Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” has Control Panel which can check captured images and to control the camera. The Control Panel PREVIEW window allows users to check transferred images in quicker than before.
The Control Panel also allows users to check shooting angles with LIVE VIEW, to set shooting conditions from computer, to operate interval/bracketing shootings and to backup/restore all the camera settings*7.
* * X-T1 and X-T2 must be upgraded to the tethering-compatible firmware (X-T1: Ver. 3.10 or later, X-T2: Ver.1.10 or later). Internet connection is required for downloading compatible firmware.
* ** Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 or CC is required.
* *** https://creative.adobe.com/addons/
* *4 The compatible OS is same as that of Lightroom. To use on macOS Sierra, Lightroom should be upgraded to 6.7 or later / CC 2015.7 or later.
* *5 The compatible OS is same as that of Lightroom.
* *6 The current version (Ver.1.2) of “Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” (standard version) is compatible only with X-T1. X-T2 will be supported with upgraded version (Ver.1.3) or later.
* *7 Backup/restore is only compatible with X-T2.